Community Presbyterian Church in Celebration Email: email@example.com , 407-566-1633
Community Presbyterian Church (PCUSA) in Celebration, Florida is seeking a full-time Finance Manager.
Community Presbyterian Church is a dynamic, energetic, growing church. We desire to grow into maturity in Christ through dynamic worship, inspiring teaching, loving fellowship, Spirit filled service and gracious outreach incarnating the love of God in Jesus Christ. We are a mid-size church located in the vibrant town of Celebration, Florida with a total budget of roughly $1.6M. We are seeking a full-time Finance Manager to join our leadership team.
The candidate God has chosen will:
· Manage all financial reporting, maintaining books and records, monitor cash position, accounts payables, manage payroll operations, oversee deposits of all donations/monies, coordinate annual budget process and ongoing ministry budget review, ensure compliance of all federal, state and local laws, coordinate annual external audit and perform bank reconciliations.
· Review, analyze and maintain all facets of property/liability insurance, worker’s compensation insurance, health insurance and other employee benefits.
· Oversee and report on monthly giving. Generate giving statements and maintain tax reporting requirements.
· Prepare and analyze financial reports monthly and present to the Finance Committee. Finance Elder presents the same reports monthly to the Session (Board of Trustees), which is made up of Elders, who are church leaders voted in by congregation.
· Perform light Human Resources duties.
· Lead annual Giving Season (Stewardship) team to create, educate, inspire congregation to participate in annual pledge process.
· Work closely with Preschool and Children’s Ministry Directors to ensure we are collecting tuition, accurately reporting, and reconciling with church accounting system.
· Profess a personal faith in Jesus Christ.
· Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting or business related field.
· Five or more years’ previous work experience in a financial or accounting role.
· Strong knowledge and ability in financial accounting, budgeting, control, system automation, tax compliance and reporting methods and standards.
· Ability to analyze and interpret financial data for the purpose of improving systems and providing church leadership with data to make decisions.
· Strong communication skills and adept at building strategic working relationships.
· Experience with financial/accounting software.
· Prefer knowledge of non-profit accounting and donor IRS restrictions.
Community Presbyterian Church has spring, summer, and autumn intern positions available for college-aged young adults who desire to serve Jesus Christ through working with youth or tech. The spring interns work in partnership with the Youth and Worship Ministry staff and under the direct supervision of the Youth Ministry Directors or the Worship Ministry Director.
This is a great opportunity to participate in the lives of young people by building relationships, mentoring, nurturing them in their faith and facilitating a Christian education program. Interns will have the opportunity to develop leadership skills by designing, implementing, and evaluating programs such as Bible study and Sunday school. This hands-on approach to ministry offers college-aged young adults a spring, summer, or autumn to explore a call to ministry. Interns will also participate in the life of the staff of Community Presbyterian Church by attending staff meetings and by working in conjunction with other staff members at the church. To apply for an internship, please complete and submit the following application online.
Youth Ministry: Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of youth activities.
Worship Ministry: Assist in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of Worship and Tech activities.
Marketing Assistant: Assist with weekly announcements, bulletin, and media activities.
Terms of Employment: Compensation will be given. You must have own transportation.
Personal Achievements and Spiritual Growth: To develop a daily devotional and take up a spiritual mentor that will guild you through your successful internship.
Community Presbyterian Church has over 1,500 physical and online viewers in Disney’s town of Celebration, Florida. We are looking for a dynamic, innovative person to create, direct, and implement marketing strategies. that both drive and sustain membership and to grow the church. Marketing and communications support is focused on increasing church attendance
(both online and live services), driving membership engagement, and promoting seasonal events. This role requires active hands-on involvement with the congregation and town to build engagement with those who interact with our church through our digital channels- including maintaining our website, publish daily postings on social media, and willingness to jump in on
short-term projects, including creating online and offline content that support specific ministries. Attending Sunday morning (live or online) and /or frequent visits to each weekly service, is required. Residing in or near the Town of Celebration is highly preferred. The Marketing Manager reports to the Director of Operations.
Essential Job Function
• Ability to develop and execute successful church-wide marketing communications, branding, digital media, PR and related marketing materials for all ministry leaders.
• Create high quality graphics for bulletins, social media, website, announcements, small groups, newsletters, sermon slides, etc.
• Create and drive social media plan including developing campaigns, connecting to influencers, and social partnerships for the church’s target audience.
• Setting key performance indicators (KPIs) for social media campaigns, such as targets for a certain number of shares or likes and measuring a campaign’s performance against the KPIs
• Attend weekly brainstorming meetings with other members of the marketing and creative teams.
• Develop new design concepts and graphics for social media channels aligned with
overall digital strategy
• Video editing & production distributed through our digital platforms including promotional pieces, storytelling and testimonial videos, sermon clips and announcements.
• Website maintenance and updating. Familiar with WordPress is required and Elementor would be a plus. Basic knowledge of HTML, SEO and CMS platforms.
• Build strong working relationships with staff, ministry leaders, and elders, working together to create strategic initiatives to maximize and sustain attendance and connect members to programs. Communicate between departments for latest
• Teambuilding is essential to hitting our marketing goals.
• Digital native that is familiar and/or able to quickly learn web-based platforms including ConstantContact, Google Forms, SurveyMonkey, and more.
• Uncompromised commitment to Church’s Global vision, mission, values, and core beliefs
• Relevant marketing experience, (managing social media platforms or communities for brands, media, etc.)
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
• Digital expert with strong copywriting skills in many formats to include, but not limited to website, newsletter, Facebook, Instagram and other trending social media platforms.
• Self-driven with effective time management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines.
• Excellent teamwork, interpersonal skill, and friendly disposition
• Strategic thinker and able to give and receive constructive critique
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and be able to deliver measurable results.
• Education and/or relevant experience – Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing.
• Oversee outsource and internal print needs for church and all ministries
• Ability to copy edit pastoral material with biblical and theological references
• Desirable ability to work with creative software (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop) and/or videography systems (Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effect, Final Cut), Canva, Etc. – wants to keep current with technology and social media advancements.
• Submit resume, website sample and (2) social media channels you have managed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Presbyterian Church
511 Celebration Avenue, Celebration, FL 34747
Brief Job Description
This is a full-time pastoral leadership role that requires someone who has mature faith in Jesus Christ, a deep love for children and youth and a commitment to shepherding the faith of the next generation. By influencing, encouraging, reaching, and teaching families of the next generation. You will be providing leadership to the various volunteers and ministry teams. You will carry out the church’s mission and vision, being strategically minded, administratively skilled, and intentional with recruiting and development of teams within the scope of the next generation of Jesus followers. As the Next Gen pastor, you will be reporting to the Senior Pastor.
– Next Gen Program
o Create and oversee a Next Generation ministry where all involved may encounter God and be impacted by the Holy Spirit. This program needs to be in alignment with the overall vision and mission of Community Presbyterian Church.
o Maintain a well-planned, carefully balanced program throughout the year coordinated with the church calendar of events
o Foster open communication with parents/guardians and seek creative ways to partner with, equip and support parents and families.
o Provide opportunities for youth to live out their faith through service to others within the church and missional activities in the local community and beyond.
o Be a leader of leaders, primarily impacting a majority of the next Generation through creating a biblical culture of under-shepherding and discipling amongst the ministry team.
o Begin building community across generations and congregations to facilitate discipleship.
o Responsible for planning, developing, expanding, and implementing the youth and adult Christian education program at community presbyterian church. With the emphasis on children, middle school, high school, young adults, young couples and young families with children, this effort includes but is not limited to church school, prayer importance and use, bible studies, specialized learning experiences, and discipleship programs.
– Preaching and Teaching of God’s word
o Proved spiritual nourishment and challenge congregation to grow spiritually. Help children build a foundation for life by learning to engage with the Bible themselves.
o To be a teacher, counselor and role model for children, youth and young adults. To allow scripture to transform them into men and women who are able to discern God’s will and who are ready for whatever calling God may have for their lives.
o Guide our Next Generation to discover a biblical approach to relevant contemporary issues and grow in discernment of how to be set apart but yet lovingly interact with the world.
o Be involved in preaching to and teaching of parents and other adults regarding the biblical mandate to disciple the next generation in the Lord.
– Pastoral Care
o Build relationships with our children and youth and take time to disciple more intimately those who seek to draw near to God.
o Nurture the spiritual welfare of the Next Generation and their families in partnership with the pastoral team and Elders.
o When appropriate, provide pastoral care for individual members or families of the congregation
o Assists the Senior Pastor in leading worship, preaching and visitation.
– General Administrative Duties
o Attend staff meetings and act as pastoral representative for Next Generation.
o Lead and attend Children’s Ministry and Next Generational steering committee meetings.
o Other duties as required.
– Minimum of five years’ experience in working in Next Gen ministry or equivalent, with a love for the next generation and a strong commitment to serve God in this role.
– Leadership and Teamwork abilities to unify the inter-congregational Next Generation.
– An understanding of Gen Y and Gen Z cultures and how to biblically counsel the needs / pressures of children and youth.
– A demonstrated spiritual giftedness in preaching and teaching the Word of God.
– A demonstrated patter of discipling and training children and youth
– A demonstrated pastoral, compassionate heart, and strong interpersonal skills.
– Energetic and innovative, responsible, and motivated, resourceful, and organized in ministry and leadership development.
– Educational Requirements: Graduated form an accredited seminary with at minimum an MDiv. Or equivalent combination of education and significant work experience in children’s ministry.
– Family Ministries Diploma/Degree, Early Childhood Education Certificate, Bachelor of Education would be an asset.
– Computer Skills