Welcome to the Chili-Cookoff Competition!
Thank you to everyone that signed up to participate, it’s going to be a lot of fun!
The event will be taking place this Sunday, October 17th, from 10:30AM to roughly 1PM, outside the church.
- Please drop off your chilis in a crock pot or slow cooker before 10AM on the 17th, there will be tables outside and extra outlets for you so you can keep your chili warm.
- At drop off, your chili will be assigned a number, and that number will coincide with a score card ballot that we will be handing out to guests so that they can properly score your chili in 3 categories. The main category will be Taste, but there will also be bonus categories for Spiciness / Creativity. After guests have finished tasting and scoring all the chilis they will submit their ballot to be counted. There will be 3 winners, with the main prize for “Best Tasting Chili”, and then the bonus prizes for “Spiciest Chili” and “Most Creative Chili”.
- We want to keep your recipe secret, but please bring a list of the ingredients you used so that guests with allergies and special diets are aware of what’s in the chili before they eat it.
- Go for a vegan or vegetarian chili recipe for extra creative points! We want some chilis to be available to everyone.
- We have small cups for guests to taste chilis, but when tasting is done we will have bigger bowls for when guests select a chili for their main meal. Winners will be announced at around 1pm.
- Basic chili toppings will be provided (fritos, onions, cheese, etc).
Best of luck everyone! See you Sunday, and please reach out if you have any questions. You can email CommPresWeb@gmail.com.