THIS week @ Kids’ Oasis [Wednesday 4/19]
• We wrapped up our Spring study of the “Book of Acts for Kids” before Holy Week.
• This week we will have a fun review to see how much our “little sponges” soaked up!
Special #1– Our wonderful friend, Miss Emily, returns to share Kid Fitness on the playground!
Special #2 – The kids will enjoy Name Game one more time to see if they really know all of their friends at Kids’ Oasis! : )
Hearty Snack – Pizza Bagel Bites served up by Miss Connie. : )
• Due to the busyness of the month of May, it has long been our tradition to end Kids’ Oasis on the last Wednesday of April.
o This means that NEXT Wednesday 4/26 is our last day of Kids’ Oasis!
o We will celebrate it with our annual Marketplace Celebration with “shops” and a “barnyard” with live animals!
• Per Osceola County Public Schools, the following Wednesdays will NOT be early release days to accommodate FSA Testing:
o THIS Wednesday 4/19 – “Book of Acts” Fun Review . . . : )
o Wednesday 4/26 – Marketplace Celebration!
• Please note that Kids’ Oasis will STILL be in session on these last 2 Wednesdays, however:
o We will begin at 4:00 [not 3:00].
o We will serve a hearty snack [instead of snack and dinner].
o We will still dismiss at 5:30.
Our midweek outreach is now in its 16th year! Bible study, specials, crafts, games, and dinner are included every Wednesday!
- K-5th grade ONLY
- 3:00 PM to 5:30 PM [parent sign-in/sign-out required]
- Doors open at 2:50 PM
- Registration takes place on the first day your child attends
How do we fill our two and half hours?
Opening (3:00 to 3:15) – We open in the Sanctuary with our favorite song Big, Big House followed by sharing a great big “Welcome Home!” Next, we review the day’s schedule and what we are having for dinner. Then we “drop the Jellybeans” for good behavior earned the week before. We are now aiming to fill the jar for our annual Marketplace Celebration on 4/26! We share another favorite song (different every week!). Then, we pray for God’s blessings as we share fun, faith, and fellowship in His house . . .
Snack/Free Play (3:15 to 3:30) – The kids get their hands cleaned and line up for the snack of the day. (Ice water is available at snack time and throughout the afternoon!) They also get time to run on the lawn to expend some of that pent up energy from the school day. : )
Rotations (3:30 to 4:45) – Three 25-minute rotations follow. The kids are divided into three age groups (K/1st, 2nd/3rd, 4th/5th) that rotate through the three stations.
Closing (4:45 to 5:00) – We re-group in the Sanctuary to share review questions regarding the Bible story for the day – the kids are great at this and share with energy! Next, we share a fun Christian music video on the big screen. This is followed by prayer where we thank God for an amazing afternoon and for the food we are about to eat.
For more information, contact JoAnn Tennant at firstname.lastname@example.org.